Ernest Holmes, founder of the Science of Mind philosophy, stated there is no necessity for any negative condition to exist within our bodies other than the necessity we ourselves insist upon.  In other words, disease exists within our bodies and negative conditions are prevalent in our lives because we want them to exist.
     When I first read this, immediately, I surveyed all the circumstances and appearances currently playing out in my life.  Vowing to keep an open mind, I allowed this concept to dance in my consciousness.  As I pondered the vast number of possibilities, I wondered why I allow episodes of lack, limitation and poor health to reappear in my life like a bad made for TV movie.  Even though the episodes are less frequent and not nearly as severe as before, nonetheless, they still appear.
     I have come to truly understand our reactions are based on love or fear encompassing their many offspring, such as, jealously, greed, hatred and violence.  I could not help but wonder if on some level I was harboring some form of fear?  Could I be misusing my “I AM” power by attaching negatives to my experience?  Or am I failing to see Spirit in everything?  Because we are all perfect creations of the Divine, the whole Spirit of God lives within each of us, creating fertile soil that is dedicated solely to fulfilling our inner most beliefs.
     Depending on this power and trusting Spirit to guarantee Its’ promises, I set out to “love” Spirit much better than ever.  Deciding to practice and teach the Goodness of Spirit was very easy. It was the doing that took a bit of effort.  I started by correcting the use of my “I AM” power by being consciously aware of the statements I attached to the words I AM.  Whenever I became aware of any abuse, I forgave myself and corrected the behavior.  When I felt unable to move forward with my ideas, I asked myself, what would I do if I were not afraid?  Then I proceeded with the answer.  The next thing I did was to see Spirit in, under and apart of absolutely everything.  As I blessed the food I ate and the liquid I drank, I did it with awareness that the nourishment was a form of substance and we all know substance is Spirit. As I dressed, I would see my garments energized with the light of Spirit.  As I would write, I imagined each word being whispered in my ear and sent forth on the wings of perfect Love.
     Because my day is filled with meetings, I would pause periodically to remind myself that everyone present was an Angel and sent to fulfill Spirit’s special mission.
     Suddenly, small tokens of prosperity began to cross my path.  The more aware of these I became, the more I expected them.  The Universe did not disappoint me.  Soon, everyday was filled with gems of opulence.
     Try it.  You will not be disappointed. 

Remember, life is too short to drink cheap champagne.

Comments